Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Does Autotrader or Cars.com work for you

Our store is not always the "low price leader" therefore, we don't seem to have very much success with classified sites. I have never appreciated Autotrader.com's tiered dealer approach, because even if I was the cheapest 2007 Ford Taurus in a 200 mile radius of the customer's search . . . . if I wasn't a $4 or $5k a month Premium Paying dealer, my Taurus wouldn't show up until all the Premium Dealers' Taurus' had been listed.

My free Dealer Specialties feed seems to work fine for us. I get tons of response off eBay Local classified listings. Maybe since eBay is the number 1 automotive site searched in the country I'm getting that much more exposure. On the eBay format my customer can search by miles or price and it seems to be a more neutral approach. I would love to hear from an Auto Internet department selling tons of cars from Autotrader.com leads.

No comments: